4-D Development, MID Architects is a 26-year-old firm specializing in design/build renovation projects for Commercial properties. Areas of expertise include public spaces, lobbies, restaurants, lounges, guest rooms, corridors, retail shops, ballrooms and conference centers.
The firm was founded by MI Darwish an Architecture, with the philosophy of integrating superb construction with innovative design, a combination an in-house design or creative contribution of other designers and experienced builders, the possibilities of any hospitality project are achievable.
They build upon years of major contractor experience managing projects, keeping operations running smoothly. Managing challenge and they manage people, projects and problems with ease. 4-D Development, MID Architects was founded on a vision of service that combines large firm sophistication with one-on-one attention.
Our aim is to complete our projects with the best possible care and quality. We truly believe that the client deserves a high standard of professionalism and cooperation during a project. Our work ethic is strongly based on the importance of detailed supervision for all of our projects. The management team personally oversee all projects directly.
• Interior and exterior conceptual development, space planning and final design
• Full construction, renovation, management and installation services
During my tenure, I have overseen the full life cycle of multi-million dollar commercial and residential projects with construction, administration, and sub-contracted teams. We consistently achieved all project goals for budget, schedules, and quality. My role involves extensive community outreach to encourage buy-in and create a positive image.
• Spearheaded rehabilitation of 180K sq ft, nine-story luxury hotel into apartments and retail space that was successfully aligns with existing historical characteristics and neighborhood aesthetics.
• Completed design, build-out, and construction of Chicago-based offices including total of 34K sq foot class A office in one of city’s most iconic buildings.
• Provided homeowners in build of several multi-million dollar estates with energy solutions and guided builders on technical pathways for energy efficiency through energy modeling and Green Rating verification to ensure LEED certification.
We were tasked with designing and building a mixed-use development project in a prestigious area of the city that involved 460M sq m, five towers, a five-star hotel, finished apartments, and an office tower.
• Chaired MEP Meetings with AECOM staff, general contractors, and subcontracts to proactively identify and resolve daily project issues and coordinate work within project program.
• Played key role in cultivating positive culture focused on ethical and professional practices.
• Provided project staff with interpretation and clarification of drawing details, contracts, and engineering matters such as specifications, field engineering, and execution.
Set objectives and milestones, defined requirements, and formalized a communication structure. Ensured adherence to industry-recognized best practices. Assembled and led highly qualified project teams including MEP and structural resident engineers, to drive the project forward in line with budget, timeframe, and scope. Coordinated across all stakeholders to maintain control of the project, minimizing changes and unexpected costs. Developed detailed project and progress reports. Established critical path and the work breakdown structure. Managed provisional sums and contracts.